T E R M S O F S E R V I C E
The following are the Terms of Service for commissioning my work.
Initial enquiries of commissions:
1) Displayed base prices are subject to change according to the complexity, difficulty, size and medium of each individual piece.
2) Clear and concise visual references and/or description of a commission idea must be provided by the Client. This should be done by e-mail (email@example.com) and is to protect you – that way you have a clear record of everything you have asked for. I want the work to be what you have asked for! After I have received a clear picture of what you require, I will provide a preliminary quote for the commission.
3) Commissions that cost over £200 can be charged in two instalments: 50% of the total price (not including postage and packing) prior to the commencement of any work, and the outstanding balance prior to beginning any coloured processes. Under no circumstances will work be despatched or digital copies transmitted prior to the client making the final payment.
4) The Artist takes payments through PayPal only and the Client will be invoiced the details of the specified commission. No work will begin until payment has been received in full unless discussed otherwise.
For those who wish to secure a slot but need more time, there is an option to put down a non-refundable deposit for their commission. The deposit is 10% of the total commission quote (excluding P&P) and secures both a slot and any eligible discounts that were open at the time of the deposit taken.
5) Commissions will take place in a number of stages*. These are: initial consultation, thumbnail sketches, full sketch, and colouration. In order to make sure I have an idea of exactly what you want, I may do some very rough sketches during the initial consultation. These sketches may take place before any agreement on price, are a free service, but remain my work product, and do not mean that either of us have entered into any contract.
6) Clients will have the opportunity to direct alterations* of their commission in the thumbnail sketch stage. I will present up to three loose thumbnail sketches from which a client may choose before I refine the drawing. Once we have selected a thumbnail to move forward with, I will revise that image up to three times (or equal in terms of small alterations). Further revision can be requested but are not included in the initial commission cost.
7) Critique and redline corrections for commissions above £100 are welcome to ensure the best result. Commissions under £100 are considered as small works, and these will be charged in addition to the initial price. You will not have to pay these charges until the work is complete and ready for dispatch.
8) The Artist reserves the right to reject critique and redline pertaining to artistic skill or style preference (i.e. anatomy, colouring style, etc.) if said critique reduces the artistic quality of the piece.
Refunds & change of circumstances:
9) I understand that sometimes life gets in the way of what we want. If at any stage of the process you discover you will not be able to make the final payment for a when the commission is complete, let me know and we will discuss a new payment date. If I hear nothing, or the delay in payment date is too long, I will reserve the right to sell the commission after a period of 1 month from the payment due date.
10) If the Client wishes to cancel their commission during the process of a commission being complete at any stage they will not be issued a refund.
11) The Artist reserves the right to issue a refund and cancel a commission due to poor communication, rude or inappropriate behaviour, inability to communicate in effective English, or constant changing demands after a way ahead has been agreed.
12) The Artist ensures the Client will receive email updates on commission when necessary. Clients are encouraged to check in when they feel it’s necessary for updates, assurance or reminders. I may post public updates of the commission on social media unless you specifically request otherwise.
General terms and conditions of commissioned work:
13) The Artist will not handle depiction of illegal activities, sexually explicit (x-rated) materials, body horror, and hateful images. When it comes to non-explicit fetish, violence, blood, work will be considered on a case-by-case basis. The Artist reserves the right to reject any commission for any reason.
14) The Artist retains the right to display all commissioned work on any personal website, gallery, or journal. If the commissioned work is a time-sensitive gift the Artist may delay public showcase at the request of the Client.
15) The Artist retains ALL the rights to the commissioned artwork, including the right to make prints and merchandise.
16) The Client retains all rights to their respective characters. This does not allow them rights to the commissioned image (see articles 14 and 15).
17) The Client may not profit from the artwork beyond the resale of a physical original painting or drawing (traditional media, not digital). This includes the sale of the digital files, or rights to the image.
18) The Client cannot alter the artwork itself. The Client may also upload the artwork to their personal website or gallery, but credit is required, and it must not be any high resolution or un-watermarked version of the artwork.
19) The Artist may recycle sketches and preparatory works that were rejected by the Client for other commissions or personal works.
Time frames and shipment:
20) The time frames for completion of commissions vary and the Artist will alert the Client of any problems should the time of completion become unreasonable (1 month for pencil and ink work, 2 months for coloured and larger works) with details on the matter and a resolution. Shipments are for traditional works only, all digital commissions will be sent via email.
21) Should the Client require a specific deadline that is "rush ordered", additional charges will apply to prioritise the work and complete it on time.
22) Shipment will take place once the commission has been completed and the Client confirms they are happy with the work. If the Client has decided to not choose tracked and signed for shipping, the Artist holds no responsibility for any lost parcels.
23) The Artist holds no responsibility for any customs fees or charges that may be encountered in the Client's country once the work has been shipped.
- - - -
24) The Client must read, understand and agree to all the above terms before entering into an agreement with the Artist. By sending payment, the Client agrees to the above terms.
*Stages and direct alterations are only available to painted commissions and commissions over £100. Please see clause 6 for more details.